Register your trade mark against unauthorised use
Protecting your trade mark from infringement
SUMMARY OF TRADE MARK SERVICES
- Advice on registrability of trade marks, collective marks and certification marks, including arrangement of pre-filing searches.
- Advice on appropriate classification of goods and services for trade mark registration.
- Handling the filing and prosecution of UK, European Union and Madrid Protocol trade mark applications.
- Handling the filing and defending oppositions to UK, European Union and Madrid Protocol trade mark applications.
- Handling the filing and defending applications for invalidation and revocation of trade mark registrations before the UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO) and European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Enforcing trade mark rights against infringers and defending our clients when accused of infringement of other parties’ trade mark rights.
- Instructing associates worldwide in filing, prosecution and enforcement of trade mark rights overseas and in defending allegations of infringement of trade marks rights overseas.
- Assistance with larger commercial transactions involving IP; including due diligence.
- Advice on licensing and other forms of commercial exploitation, including assignment and recordation programmes.
- Dispute resolution, including mediation.
- Domain name disputes.
- Trade mark renewals.
What is a Trade mark?
A trade mark is any sign which distinguishes the goods or services of one business from those of another. It may, for example, be a word or words, letters, numerals, a logo, a picture, the shape of goods or its packaging, a sound or, in limited cases, a smell.
For most businesses, trade marks define the image and quality of their goods or services and serve as an indication of the source of those goods or services. They play an active role in influencing choice and enable customers to recognise particular products or services time after time.
Want to know more?